Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Jim makes it work today

Good post Hunny, I like it.

Removing clutter, always good. Simplicity.... Also good.

Simplicity is tough for me. I like my "stuff." But I like it to work for me, not against me. To give me joy, not make me crazy.
My old jeep makes me crazy. I like it, and it gets me where I need to go, but it ain't the smoothest ride on the highway, and at 13 years old and 255,500 miles, well, she got some issues. I am not gonna buy a different car, so this was a good time to attack those issues.

#1 was some new tires. Old one's were shot, and us Jeep owners are always hopeful something easy will cure the 52-57 mph "death wobble". Big score on the tires. 33's were actually cheaper than the 31's that were on it, and the death wobble is gone. Also gone are the 7 plugs and patches I've put on those old Goodyears, along with those ominous wearbars.

#2 was some maintenance. Oil change, trans fluid change, and new trans mount. First time I've ever seen a trans fluid change stop a trans from slipping, but it did. Score! again.

#3 was today. I use a portable XM radio that my factory radio picks up on FM.... sometimes... and I really on a cel phone that I hear rarely over all the noises a Wrangler puts out at highway speeds, along with the radio cranked up loud enough to overcome those noises. So yesterday and today I parted with $210 for a new Alpine stereo, with dash adapter, wiring kit, and a real cable to run into my snap XM. Installed it yesterday, got the Bluetooth to talk to my phone today. So now I absolutely will hear my phone ring, and I can answer it and talk handsfree. Road test tomorrow, heading up into Wisconsin, actually looking forward to it.

Oddly, I feel I've made great strides in simplifying today. I am bending my stuff to my will, making it perform as it should without causing me aggravation.

And really, that's the bottom line, right?
Reducing aggravation.

Jim
share on:facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment