Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Yes Honey, it was my turn...
But that's OK.

Simplify, that's the ticket. To me, simplifying will give me back time.
My days are so unbelievably busy, it's not even funny. Dawn to dusk and more, everyday, go go go go, never stop, never slow down.

Carol talked about all the "stuff" and yes, itsa lotta stuff. Much of it I like, my stuff is good. Some though, simply eats up so much of my time that the "good" is driven right our of it.

Take our wonderful home. It's big and beautiful, double or more what we "need", and it takes about 1/2 of each of our weekend days just to keep it clean. And that's in the winter. Add summertime yardwork and pool maintenance, and fugetaboutit. So it has to go. Soon.

And the business... Yes, indeed, I am truly blessed not to have to "work for the man" for my daily bread. But... it's both quarter end and year end, and I must cut this short. Today, I must do a quarterly federal 941 payroll tax return. And both federal and State unemployment annual reports. W2's. and a whole host of government mandated crap that I barely know how to do.

Talk to you again soon.

Jim
share on:facebook

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel Jim. I also own a small business but we're big enough to have a payroll provider (PayChex) and they do the bureaucratic payroll stuff. Thank God for that.

    I hope your downsizing venture works out for you. It can get overwhelming having loads of stuff you have no use for. Our house is a typical colonial and is loaded with things I'd like to throw out. My wife however would like a bigger house and we've been searching. I think your path might be better though.

    ReplyDelete