Wednesday, January 16, 2013

So Far We've Gotten Rid Of...

2 sofas - they went to the curb because the puppy chewed them.
Brian's clothes that don't fit anymore - 2 bags full to the donation box. That child grows like a weed!

Sounds easy enough right? Baby steps...

Next up - my closet. I'm afraid no matter how hard I try, those old pants are just never going to fit again (insert really sad face here). Sucks to get old.

While getting rid of all of these tangible things is certainly a great thing to do, I need to also work on clearing the cobwebs out of my brain. I'm a worrier. I fret. A lot. About everything. Most nights I don't sleep because I'm up staring at the ceiling and worrying about one thing or another. Mostly my kids. Well, one kid in particular. Somehow he has managed to completely suck me in to his drama-filled world. And I hate it. I need to learn to step away from the problems that he has created for himself. I'm trying to learn to give it all to God, but its easier said than done. This is also unnecessary clutter - clutter in my brain, that needs to be addressed. Again, baby steps...

This excess - whether in our home or in our heads - was not created in a day, and its going to take some time to rid ourselves of it.


share on:facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment