Sunday, January 17, 2010

carpet and salad?

Friday the carpet man called! We had some extra cash at year end, so ordered and paid for new carpet for the master suite. And Tuesday they are coming to install it. I hate carpet, and would do hardwood if I could handle the $7 per square foot plus moving out for a week, but that ain't in the cards right now so new carpet it is. Stuff in there now is nasty. 10 years old, lots of spills. Some stains I think are cat pee but Carol says they ain't. Still nasty.

So we got started in the closet. Our last house had his and hers walkins, this one has a single clost that 8 feet wide and sixteen feet long! When you have closets this big, you hang everything, even t shirts, and you never have to throw anything away, there's always room for more. So we went in and started tossing everything that was stained. Everything that was ugly. Everything that hadn't been worn in a couple years. Everything. We were ruthless. Even tossed the T shirts from when we did the avon 3 day years ago.

It was depressing. I found pants with 32 inch waist. Today I wear a 36... relaxed fit. Was 168 when I was 30, and 203 now. Depressing. Carol threw out a bunch of size 6 stuff. 'Nough said about that.

Six giant hefty bags went to Goodwill, and we were left with this

We got all the junk cleaned out of the closet, and off the floor so the carpet guys can do their thing. We moved everything out of the sitting room and master bedroom except the bed. That goes tomorrow night. Stuff it all in the loft and the library. Without my sitting room, I'm stuck in the library on my laptop, so far away from the router that the wireless rarely works.

So this is what everything looks like almost empty.


Now ya remember what I said about the expanding waistline? Depressing. And that's not the worst of it. A pretty big portion of myself is riding both above and in front of that waistline. It's time to take some action. Exercise. And better eating. Less food. And as close to zero carbs as can be managed. So we had salad for lunch. For dinner we had hamburgers. Without buns. Without french fries. With another salad.


Odd thing is, I'm still full.
Oh well.
Tomorrow we start exercising.
Maybe the next day, after our rooms are put back together.

It's 28 degrees in Chicagoland right now.

It's 39 in Denver, was over 50 today, and will be over 50 tomorrow.

Next week I gotta go to Fargo and Grand Forks on business. I'll be halfway there. Night just keep going.

share on:facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment