Monday, January 11, 2010

how many days?

This new website http://www.firstgens.com/ is taking some kinda time. And I'm not even doing anything to it, other than posting, and answering emails and pm's (twenty or thirty per day!!!) and fixing avatars for people.

The average avatar takes 4 - 6 pm's and 2-3 emails. Many can't manage to send me the picture first try, and nearly all don't tell me in the email what their user id is! So it takes me 32 seconds to crop and resize the picture, and 5 minutes or so to figure out who they are, and attach the avatar to their profile.

We're looking at some new software that will automatically rezise pictures, both for display and for avatars. And I'm not complaining, I like avatars, and  don't mind helping out. All the extras take time tho.

I understand now why Al never turned on avatars on TC.

We're up to 141 members,  and well over 1700 posts now. Growing very quickly.
share on:facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment