Sunday, January 3, 2010

The holidays are over....

... and tomorrow winter just might set in. But we had a fun day. Sister in law Shannon came over, brought the kids to look at Sarah's senior pics.

Brian and Andrew took off doing boy things with plastic weapons and strange noises. I went downstairs, figured I'd work on getting the basement apartment ready to paint. Next thing I know, Kayla follows me down and tells me she's helping.
I had no idea she did such things, like standing on the itsy bitsy skinny ledge and taping the woodwork.



I had no idea she did such things, like standing on the itsy bitsy skinny ledge and taping the woodwork.


Then she says "boost me up on your shoulder so I can tape above the door! and I says "I never tape above the door, no one can see it!" and she says "Just DO it!" So... right, I'm a pushover.

Course  it seemed fun to duck into the bathroom and snap a few pics in the mirror!















Eeeeek! who are those crazy people, and why do they have red and green stickers on their cheeks?
















 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We did eventually actually get some  painting done, too, after we finished being silly.
 
Later on, we got to experience what I like to call "suburban wildlife" 4 deer came out of the woods and into our neighbors yard, looking for something to eat. They came all the way into our yard, checked out some former greenery at the end of my driveway, and then crossed the street in search of greener pastures.



That's all for today. I'm getting a stuffy nose, and my back is sore. Caught a cold from my office manager last week. she called in sick 2 days after Christmas, then showed up on death's door. So now it's gonna be my turn. Carol, pass me the kleenex please?

And of course my back hurts from carrying 90 pounds of 13 year old around on my shoulders...lol.
Carol, will you pass me the ibu's too?

"May I never grow up"


share on:facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment