Saturday, December 19, 2009

Blogging...

every day is tough. Not cause I don't have much to say, I have lots to say, heck, that's part of the problem.
And certainly not cause I don't do much, I'm always doing something.
There just isn't any time, particularly during the week.

To any that actually read this, I'll try harder.

I just finished the "outside stuff." Wow, it's a gorgeous day. Mid thirty's, 2 inches of fresh snow. The snow came down wet, so it's on top of everything, all over the pine trees, the pool fence, well you was the pic I posted this morning, the yard looks nice.

So I relocated all that snow off the driveways and sidewalk. The big craftsman snowblower made quick work of it. Shovelled the deck and up around the hot tub, and even did the old test the water and add chemicals to the hot tub thing.
Just might try getting some live humans into the hot tub on Christmas. I really don't get it. At the old house, we had this tiny hot tub down under the deck, outside the basement doors. We were in it ALL THE TIME. 2 or 3 nights a week all winter long, put the kids to bed and duck out and have a relaxing dip in the hot tub. Even used to do crazy stuff like run out in the yard and make snow angels, then run quick back into the hot tub before freezing off various "parts unmentionable."

This hit tub is MUCH nicer. Bigger, better, not off the basement or under the deck, but off the back porch and open to the sky. Still plenty private. But we never use it anymore. :(

How about a "final thumb checkup"?

Yup, we'll call this a final. It's still kinda miss shapen, needs to grow back a few layers of skin here and there. But it's healed. I can use it again with no or little pain. Buttoning my jeans is no longer nearly impossible, and it will work my zipper again. While I'm left handed, there are certain things that just take a right hand to do. Like Pants.



Just so you remember where this started 2 months ago, here's the first public picture of "The THUMB!" taken October 10.



and of course, the culprit in all her ugly guilt



So, be careful with those things.
Adjust the blade height so it JUST pentrates the work.
Use a pushstick
Don't throw away the blade guard
Replace the blade every once in a while

The blade that cut me was nearly 20 years old, it took real work to push a piece of wood thru it. Ya, it still cut smooth, carbide tip blades always will, but it was old and badly needed replacement. The new blade cuts like a hot knife thru butter. The new blade would not have cut me.

share on:facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment