Thursday, December 3, 2009

That's life...

I didn't think I had a lot to say tonight, but it turns out it's been a busy couple of days.

I missed yesterday because it was Hooters night. During the colder months, the Team Camaro South Side Gang get's together at Hooters in Orland Park, IL for Food & Fellowship. We also enjoy the Beer, Margaritas, and "girls in orange shorts" We had a good turnout, maybe 8? It was a fairly late night for a bunch of old guys during the week, and a good time was had by all!

On the way, I stopped to visit my Motorhome. She's sitting at Terry's RV in Frankfort after I backed into a very large front end loader while manuvering to a dump site to dump and flush my holding tanks. Front End Loaders are made of steel and iron, and are very strong and heavy. The rear cap on a motorhome is made of fiberglass, not reinforced at all. I tapped that thing at like 2 mph, stopped as soon as I head/felt it, and did this:

I got the estimate sheet from State Farm a few days ago, you're looking at ELEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS!!! worth of damage!!! Yikes, thank goodness for insurance.

Today was great. for the past few years, I've been the "Field Trip Dad" for Brians class at Parkview Christian Academy. I always volunteer to chaperone, and to drive unless they rent a bus. Today we went to a local charity called "Feed the Hungry Children" and spent a couple hours packaging meels for hungry kids. Here's some of Brian's classmates in action.



So, I took Brian home and stayed home after school, and got bust with my projects. I'd been working on the wood trim in the basememnt apartment where my Mom used to live, and I got that all done today. All that's left to do is hang the byfolds over the laundry closet. I got the last coasts of poly on those, so I'll just throw em up tomorrow.

And out the window, we got this


Sorry itsa lil blurry, I was hand holding it, in the dark, shutter speed was a 3 and a half seconds, so I think I didn't do too bad keeping her still.
That my friends, is our first snow. :(
I guess it's winter.


share on:facebook

1 comment:

  1. still in the 40s here. Mark was mowing up leaves yesterday. of course, we saw more snow than we wanted to on that wonderful trip to Chicago in October. Hopefully we won't see any of that white stuff here for a while.

    ReplyDelete