Wednesday, December 23, 2009

is it Wednesday, or is it Friday?

Weird day...  Very Friday like, last workday of the week. I sold a system, those are few and far between this year. 28k if it makes it thru a 60 days trial with a money back gaurantee from the manufacturer, I'm just along for the ride.

We got the rest of our Christmas food shopping done, we're having beef tenderloin, ham, and JELLO SHOTS!!!  I even made the margarita ones. Tomorrow I'll do red ones with vodka.

Worked out in the shop for awhile. I set up my sound system, it's a logitech 3 way (2 speakers and a small subwoofer) which I can connect to my laptop. It sounds decent, not great but better than anything I've ever had in the shop before. So I'm busy ripping all my CD's onto the computer.

I wanna listen to the Monkeys, but I can't find it.

So I'm listening to Heart instead.  I like heart a lot. One of my favorite bands. Way way back, before kids, Carol and I saw Heart live at Alpine Valley, an outdoor concert, laying on a blanket under the stars while ann and Nancy flat rocked the entire state of Wisconsin.

I might have to send Danielle some Heart for her birthday. I think she'd like.

I'm trying to find Seventeen by Tim McGraw. 3 of his albums on this pc, and no seventeen. Last summer, Mark's girls got me onstage on Kareoke night, and we sang Seventeen together. First time in my life I've done Kareoke! It was fun, I wish someone had had a camera or video recorder, I woulda loved to keep that. Danielle picked the song, it was one of her favorites, we played it over and over when we went to Yellowstone a couple years ago. Hey cool, found the video. and the lyrics.

Backseat of her daddy's car
I was trying not to go too far
Kept thinking about the words the preacherman said
Lightnin' flashed across the sky
I saw love in a young girl's eyes
And that's a look you never forget

Seventeen only comes once in a lifetime
Don't it just fly by wild and free
Goin any way the wind blew, baby

Seventeen, livin on crazy dreams
Rock and roll and faded blue jeans
And standing on the edge of everything
Seventeen

Legs hangin' off the Bayou Bridge
Feedin' fish potato chips
And talkin' about the mysteries of the universe
Yeah, the world was somewhere else

We had the Summer all to ourselves
And the stars went off like fireworks

Seventeen only comes once in a lifetime
Don't it just fly by wild and free
Goin any way the wind blew, baby

Seventeen, livin on crazy dreams
Rock and roll and faded blue jeans
And standing on the edge of everything
Seventeen

Seventeen only comes once in a lifetime
Don't it just fly by wild and free
Goin any way the wind blew, baby

Seventeen, livin on crazy dreams
Rock and roll and faded blue jeans
And standing on the edge of everything
Seventeen

Damn, I  miss being Seventeen.
share on:facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment