Friday, February 26, 2010

Hacked by Dr Bl@ckdeath!!!!

What a day from hell!


I loggged into firstgens.com this morning to be greeted by a black screen, a skull and crossbones, and the message "you've been hacked by Dr. bl@ckdeath!!"

Damn... So I spent an hour this morning fixing rogue index.html files and figured, ok, that wasn't so bad...

Then my BIL Ron called from the office. "Jim, all our websites are down, hacked by Dr Bl@ckjack"
Oh shit, this isn't good.
About the time I got to work, our service providers site was down too.

So Ron get's to work sorting out all our business sites the same way I fixed firstgens, and I go on about my workday. Get back in the office about 2, and find all the sites are going to hell again, and I got an email response from the service provider saying "the server is toast, we gotta reformat and reload it." All of the sites on that server were down, not just us.

So, about the time it's taken me to type this ago, our site finally came back from the death.
Thanks to Marty and anyone else at TLC Web Enterpises for your hard work recovering from this catastrophe.
BOOO to the same guys for lackluster security and not having redundant servers.

I'll be looking for a new hosting situation, 16 hours of downtime in not acceptable.
But we're back up.
All we've lost is anything posted between maybe 2 am and 7 am, central us time.
And of course all of February 26, 2010.

Welcome back, i'm goin to bed.
share on:facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment