Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Happy Wednesday!

Hi all, and Happy Wednesday!

First, a thumb update. As you may recall, my right thumb had an incident involving a table saw last Thursday mornig.
Well, I've left it open since yesterday morning, and it's all congealing nicely. Scabbing over, more or less.
Here's the pic:


















The last few days I've been working hard on some doors. I got 4 of the 6 sealed and stained a few days ago, and today I got 2 coast of poly on both sides of all four. Tomorrow hopefully, I'll sand em smooth and put a finish coat on one side, so they'll be almost done.
My wife is always after me for "never finishing a prooject..." well, the 4 smurf doors will finish off the basement billiard room, and the 2 closet doors (see pic above) will almost finish off the guest room.




See the cute lil mini closets, that's where the 50" tall "smurf doors" go. Those openings have been open since we built the house...
9 years ago. 'Bout time I got that done.

I broke down and ordered new back tires for the vette today. She's been laid up since May, I got a small hole in a sidewall, tires were worn out anyway. I do need to sell the car, anyone needs a 1993 Corvette, let me know. 96k, dark green, tan interior, all the options, automatic trans, glass removable roof, 26+ MPG on the highway, new back tires. $11,000, emaill jimm1968@att.net








Again, this fine car is for sale, for 11k. These late C4's are really fine cars, they ride good, have great power, you can drive em every day (I have, really, except in snow) If you keep a light foot, she'll give you great mileage, even around town it's rarely below 20 mpg. And of course she's still a Corvette. Great looks and handling, 300 horse LT1 small block under the hood. Goes like stink when you put your foot in hard. Email me at jimm1968@att.net for ore info.

Last thing for today, had some weirdness with the motorhome. The battery's like to get "light" after a while, even though I always hit the disconnects, so today I went out to check things. Chassis battery was completely dead (expected after sitting since labor day) and the house battery had just enough ooomph left to get the genset cranked up.
I figured I'd turn on the furnaces and heat her up a bit, I'm worried about the plumbing, haven't winterized yet. The furnaces didn't go. The propane detector was chirping, I reset it, still chirping. Light for "propane on" was lit, it wasn't screaming, just giving a chirp every once ina while. Furnaces did not go at all. Stove would light fine. Water heater did not. Plenty of power with the genny going. Gonna hafta work on that soon . Also gonna hafta winterize the plumbing and find a place to park her for the winter. Sadly, camping season is done.

Wife says if I want people to read this I gotta be funny. Wuts funnier than sticking your thumb in a power saw?
check out my webcam at http://www.jimragtop.com:12000/ If you comment, maybe tomorrow I'll tell you the password.
share on:facebook

2 comments:

  1. The thumb pics are looking really disgusting on here honey! YUK! So what's the password???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhm...that picture of your thumb is really gross. I'm glad I was already done eating breakfast before I saw that!

    ReplyDelete