Tuesday, October 27, 2009

So... what's the point?

This page was intended to discuss my current need to be somewhere else, to remake my existence in another place. My wife thinks I'm having a mid life crisis, she is calling it "manopause."

Really though, that's not it.

Part of the problem with writing this is so far it's mostly people I know who are reading it. They know (as do I ) how good I have it, how little I have to complain about, how much we have been blessed. Still, I'm tired of it. I'm tired of paying the interest  on  3/4 mil of mortgage debt. I'm tired of trying to keep a 4000-sf home clean. Tired of weeding seemingly endless perenial gardens. Tired of getting what's left over after paying my employees. Heck, I'm tired of having employees. 

And I'm really really tired of living in the flatlands. Corn on the right, beans on the left. Smack dab in the middle of the nations breadbasket, highest landmarks are trees and buildings.

I need to be nearer to the mountains. The outdoors. Something other than endless flat lands.

I need to simplfy my life. I need my wife, my kids, my Camaro and my motorhome. A much smaller house with a much bigger shop. LOTS more leisure time, lots more family time. And some good friends to share it with. The rest of it, well can I be done now?
share on:facebook

2 comments:

  1. We are talking about moving also there buddy , maybe into the interior so we don't have the ferry to worry about . Then we can just jump in the car and go when we want. If the girls don't stay around either are we .
    Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Join me in paradise my friend. Next year. Bring the girls, all 3 of them.

    ReplyDelete