Saturday, November 14, 2009

Cat poop

Some decade or so ago, when we were first planning for our new home, we started cleaning a decade's worth of "lived in" from our existing home.

During this process, we vowed "no more smoking in the house" and "No more CATS!"

So we gave away our cats, and smoked outside or in the garage, but...  Before too long Carol brought home a kitten. And then a couple years later, the neighborhood stray had a litter in the neighbor lady's window well, and one of those ended up living here too. Now don't get me wrong, I like my cats, they are very sweet, but...  Between the 2 of them we're talking near 50 pounds of feline!!!
They shed like crazy, and they fight over who gets to sleep between Carol and I at night.

But that's not the worst. These 2 critters are so fat that they cannot properly clean themselves. Now the litter box is bad enough (Here, animal, you poop here, 30 feet from MY BED, and we will store it for a week at a time, 30 feet from my bed, and our laundry room will always smell like POOP!!!) but since they can't reach behind thier fat asses and keep thier posteriors clean, THEY TEND TO DROP "CLING-ONS"!!!
And they drop them in my bedroom and sitting room. Sometimes even on my bed!

They call me the floor nazi. I hate dirty floors. Tracked in dirt, spills, leftover food, candy wrappers, it all makes me nuts. Carpet grosses me out. The nasty stuff is down in there, you can't see it and you cannot remove it. You can play at it, yes, it fills the cup in the vacuum, and yes, the waste water in the carpet cleaning machine looks really nasty, but you can't ever get it all out. The pet hair is the worst,  no  make that second worst.

The worst is those little brown balls that go clickity clack in the vacuum cleaner. THERE SHOULD NEVER BE LITTLE BROWN BALLS ON MY BEDROOM FLOOR!!!

Ok, I feel better now. Back to work. Finishing the woodwork in the guestroom today. Getting going on the stairs. Cleaning around the pool for the winter. Draining, cleaning and refilling the hot tub. Installing the new "blend door actuator" in Dann's car and putting the dash back together. Removing the drivers door inner panel on the vette, tightening the loose outside mirror and putting that back together... dayum, I'm exhausted just typing all this, and I'm sure I forgot a few things.

Oh well, Carol left a lil bit ago to get her hair done and then do a photshoot, she'll be gone most of the day. Brian's at a scout campout. Dann as usual is in his room with the door closed playing world  of warcraft... So it's just me, but I've got a full 12 pack of corona, a bunch of limes, and a complete fresh b atch of margarita fixins. So I'll just get a good buzz on and work.
share on:facebook

3 comments:

  1. Wut a gorgeous day, another fine autumn weekend in the flatlands...

    Got the wood blocks for the guestrooom done and ready to start staining and such.
    Hot tub is draining for it's autumn clean and refill.
    Dann's car is in the garage to get it's blend door replaced. Tested the new door, it works, so all I gotta dom is put all the screws back in.

    Even got Dann to haul some firewood up onto the deck for the winter, need one more load tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok,malibu's fixed, I pulled it around front myself, Dann's a lil "reverse challenged" would hate for him to have backed it into the Camaro or Corvette.

    It's 11: 24 central, my first margarita went down smooth, starting at 10:45. In case I'm asked, it was after 12 somewhere, where would that be?

    Time to mix up another one and try to remember what else was on my list?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The perfect Margarita! 1/2 jigger Rose's sweetened Liime juice, 1/2 jigger DeKuyper triple sec, a full jigger Jose Cuervo Gol, and 2 jiggers Mr and Mrs T's sweet and sour mix. Shake over ice, and serve in a glass glass!

    ReplyDelete