Friday, November 27, 2009

jimragtop.com is back!!!

Well, it turned out to be a major brain fart on my part. Last week, my router went kaput. Some digging revealed that "mr. nobody" hit the master reset switch, resetting the router to factory settings.
Of course, all of my children denied having any knowledge of this, even Dann the 18 y o high school senior computer wiz kid denied any knowledge of a rest switch on our linksys router.

But I gotta call em as I see em. Someone did a websearch on  why our router drops our connection a couple times a day, and found a suggestion that holding down the button while powercycling the router might help. Well hell yes it helps. It resets EVERY setting in the router to factory default. PPPoe login info is gone, so no more internet. wireless name and security is gone, so no more wireless, and port forwarding and other firewall settings are gone, so no more website or jim cam.

I got everything but the last 2 working the first day.
And today I found that it helps a lot if you click on the ENABLE button in the port forwarding screen.

So... jimragtop.com is back on the air, as is the jim cam on jimragtop,com:12000 user team password camaro.

So... check out my website, and take a peek at me lounging in my recliner tonight, surfing the net with my laptop. Oreo, the black and white kitty, is on the other lazyboy.

I need to do some studying. I have a new website, http://www.firstgens.com/ Right now, there is nothing there. I need to get something going there.
share on:facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment