Saturday, November 7, 2009

Interactive JimDay!!!

Good Morning World!!!

It's a beautiful warm sunny autumn day in chicagoland, and I've got lots of activities planned. Shortly I'll be out in the garage for activity one, troubleshooting and repairing what appears to be a failed "blend door" in the heating system of Dann's 03 Malibu.

The webcam is on at  http://www.jimragtop.com:12000/
user is team
p/w is camaro
you have to install the active x control for it to work.

First, some breakfast.

You all pull up a chair and get comfy, I'll be out there in a minute.

If anyone has the slightest idea where to find the heater temperature blend motor on an 03 malibu, pas the info on, otherwise I'll be taking stuff apart until I find it.
share on:facebook

4 comments:

  1. hmmm, I'm thinkin access might be better if I pull the glovebox?
    Comments?
    Pitfalls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, I "think" I see it. To the left of the glove box opening, there is an electrical looking thing screwed into the ductwork.

    Everything else, air doors and such are all vacuum, so that must be it.

    Any suggestions remain welcome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, mission acomplished for now. Off to autozone to order the part (in the camaro this time, with the top down!!!)

    It is a gorgeous day!!! Near 70, not a cloud in the sky. Very probably the last day we'll see this nice this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, I been told by Brian that our internet was down, so I reset the router, and it's all good, including the JimCam.
    So pull up a chair, I'm about to rip 3 12' long 1x2's into 6 12' long 3/8" x 2's for some homemade base shoe.
    This will be the first time I've used the table saw since the thumb incident. I've also replaced the blade, as the old one wasn't cutting very clean. So keep a sharp eye out for f;lying body parts!!!

    ReplyDelete