Sunday, November 1, 2009

Working in the garage, live on cam!

Ya, I  missed a day, sorry. I'll post twice today.

Right now, I'm working in the garage on hanging some closet doors, and I am live onCam for any who want to tune in. My team Camaro buddies all ready know all about JimM's garage cam, for the rest, here's how it works:

Thne cam is actually a security cam, a DLink 5300G. It is it's own built in web server, and has power pan tilt and zoom that you can control. It's really funny to watch with new or multiple drivers, as it starts spinning in circles and pointing at the cieling and stuff. To get on, go to http://www.jimragtop.com:12000/.
Without the colon 12000, you just get my website. With the colon 12000 my server passes you to the cam.
The cam will give you a login prompt. The user ID is team, p/w is camaro If you've never logged on b 4, you'll get a prompt to install an activeX control, look for a brown bar at the top of internet explorer, click it and click install. It doesn't hurt, promise. And you only have to do it once.

Once the active X loads, the cam will come up. Right now it is in the garage, sometimes I put in in the great room in the house, and sometimes upstairs in my den. It's almost always on. Enjoy. Leave a comment here or on facebook if you get on, and ask away if you have troubles. I'm on msn as JimM, and "might" also be seen on yahoo / sbc / att.net as jimm1968 or jimragtop.
share on:facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment