Sunday, November 22, 2009

While The Cat's Away...

Good morning and happy Sunday! This is Mrs. JimM. I thought I would write a post while the hubby is kickin' it out in Vegas with his buddy from up there in Ya-Hey-Der land. Oh by the way, he cashed in MY American Airlines miles for that FIRST CLASS ticket to sin city. Still not sure what that's gonna cost him! Especially since I seem to be left behind taking care of lots of stuff around the house. Yesterday was really special! I took Brian to his school for a work day (he needed the community service hours for Boy Scouts), and got to spend 3 hours cleaning his school. We washed windows and cleaned the pre-school room, but the best part was unboxing and cleaning the school's really old Christmas tree. This involved taking all the teeny tiny little pieces outside, swishing them around in a bin full of cleaning solution and rinsing them off at the outside spigot. After 2 hours of this, Brian and I were soaked from head to toe and about half-frozen. Yeah, I'll get you back for this one honey! When you least expect it - BAM!.............

So since Jim is hanging out with Mark - our neighbor to the north, I figured I would poke some fun at Canadians. Why not? Its Sunday morning and I have nothing better to do. You guys know we love ya!

First up: The Top Ten Reasons To Live In British Columbia

1. You don't have to worry if it is going to rain - it's already raining
2. Vancouver: 1.5 million people and two bridges to the 'burbs
3. The local hero is a pot-smoking snowboarder
4. The local wine doesn't taste like malt vinegar
5. Your $400,000 Vancouver home is 5 hours from downtown
6. You have a university with a nude beach
7. You can throw a rock and hit three Starbucks locations
8. You have a fleet of old rusted ships that you got for free from China
9. There's always some sort of forest protest going on somewhere
10. People here never get a tan - they rust

Followed up by: The Top Ten Reasons To Live In Chicago

Except I couldn't actually find a top ten list for Chicago, so I guess we suck after all, and nobody actually knows of any good reasons to live here!

Of course, there is one good reason to live here: We have Oprah! And we like to party with her!



And finally, as seen on one my favorite websites http://www.failblog.org/




Hope you're having an awesome time honey! See you tomorrow!

share on:facebook

2 comments:

  1. There must be a top ten reasons to NOT live in Chicago - if not, I'm sure Jim could make one up.

    Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes Sandra, I'm certain he could!

    ReplyDelete